Cementos Argos has been recognized by S&P Global as one of the world’s most sustainable companies, ranking in the prominent 5% among 759 companies out of the 9,400 evaluated with the best ability to generate economic value; Grupo Argos, on the other hand, was also distinguished within the top 10%.
This recognition highlights Argos’ continuous commitment to promoting and implementing exemplary environmental, social, and economic practices.
María Isabel Echeverri, Vice President of Corporate Affairs at Cementos Argos, emphasized the significance of this recognition: » We are delighted with S&P’s recognition, which inspires us to continue driving team actions to build a more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive society. Our commitment to sustainability is reflected in our daily actions; let our actions be evidence of our commitment.”
- We implement decisive actions to mitigate climate change, including a process with hydrogen injection in our operations in Honduras to reduce emissions at the Piedras Azules Plant.
- We harness the energy from over 108,000 tons of urban and other industrial waste, thus reducing the use of coal and other fossil fuels and contributing to the circular economy.
- We continue working to achieve savings and efficient water use in our operations.
- Strong actions around Industrial Safety and Occupational Health have resulted in a 36% reduction in the frequency rate over the past three years, with zero fatalities among employees and contractors at our facilities.
- We invest in a program to raise employee cybersecurity and information security awareness.
- We have four credits linked to ASG performance indicators.
- We were included in the Dow Jones MILA (Mercado Integrado Latinoamericano) Index.
- Among other initiatives detailed in our 2022 Integrated Report https://argos.co/en/integrated-report/
About S&P Sustainability Yearbook:
It is a publication whose purpose is to highlight leading companies in sustainability practices globally, promoting the best standards in environmental, social, and corporate governance, and establishing benchmarks for investors, clients, and society, in general, to have an objective comparative basis when analyzing the different players in the industries evaluated by S&P. This publication can be consulted at: https://www.spglobal.com/esg/csa/yearbook/