Argos is committed to continuing its efforts to deliver outstanding solutions and sustainable products to its customers. Resulting from this determination, the cement company is announcing its new EcoStrong PLC brand. EcoStrong PLC is a high-quality blended hydraulic cement used in sustainable building practices that can reduce carbon emissions by up to 10%. EcoStrong PLC exhibits Argos’ passion for developing strong solutions to build a more sustainable world together.
- Argos EcoStrong PLC is its brand name for Portland-Limestone Type IL cement.
- To further support their customer’s sustainability efforts the company expects to complete the conversion of type l/ll entirely to EcoStrong PLC at all their facilities within 2023.
- The Argos Roberta and Atlanta cement plants will officially transition to 100% EcoStrong PLC production by Q2 2022.
- The Newberry plant, located in Florida, will be 100% converted to EcoStrong PLC by October 2022.
- Argos’ ready mix business is already successfully using EcoStrong PLC in the Carolinas and Florida. Moreover, Argos plans to use EcoStrong PLC at all its ready mix locations in the eastern US before the end of Q2 2022.
Steve Wilcox, Cement Technical Director of Argos USA.
- Empowers Sustainability: EcoStrong PLC Reduces CO2 emissions by up to 10%.
- Engineered to perform like Type I/II: EcoStrong PLC has the same workability, similar or better 28-day test results, and an improved finishability.
- EcoStrong PLC works well with SCMs: Fly ash, slag, and other SCMs in many cases providing synergies during the curing process that have resulted in higher strengths than the same type l/ll mix.
- 1:1 substitution: EcoStrong PLC replaces Type l/ll cement at a 1:1 rate, making it easy for specifiers, producers, and installers to support protecting our planet.
Argos Cement takes great pride in being stewards of the environment and is recognized by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the ninth consecutive year as a global benchmark in sustainability in the construction materials sector. Argos intends to continue to lead the promotion of PLC in the southeast United States to build together a more sustainable present and future.